We at VRangers are glad to announce night trek to Dukes nose on 17th April 2010
The journey starts with the Mahalaxmi express on 17th Apr ngt 2010
Interested people meet at respective stations with a single journey ticket to Lonavala. (Get to your respective stations at least half an hour earlier, as there might be a long queue for the tickets.)
The charges for this trek is Rs 110 /- each, which includes traveling from Lonavala to Mumbai (via Train), Morning Refreshments, transportation from Kurvande to Lonavla by Jeep/Auto expertise charges, etc.
The Dukes Nose is popular as Nagphani. Duke’s Nose is also a perfect spot for those who want explorations and are adventurous. The Mahadevi Shrine can be found here. There is also a rock diffused into the hill.
Saturday 17th April 2010
20.23 Start from CST by Mahalaxmi Express
23.00 @ Lonavala Station
23.30 Towards Kurvande village by walk
00.30 @ Kurvande
Sunday 18th April 2010
00.30 Ascend to Dukes nose
01.00 Dukes nose atop
06.30 Wake up & exploration till 08.00
08.30 Breakfast @ Kuruvande village
09.15 @ Lonavala station by Jeep
09.30 Start return journey to CST
Schedule for People from Pune:
Catch the Pune Lonavala Local Scheduled at 21.10 from Pune station. Board the second last compartment.
The Schedule of the Local is :
Pune : 21.10
Shivaji Nagar: 21.16
Akurdi : 21.42
Dehu Road : 21.47
Kanhe : 22.09
Lonavala : 22.35
We will wait for other rangers to arrive and then start the trek.
The charges for pune people will be Rs. 80/- each. This will include travelling from Lonavala till pune (via Train), Morning Refreshments, transportation from Kurvande to Lonavla by Jeep/Auto expertise charges, etc.
Pune People are requested to call:
list of all the things to carry :
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (3 Ltrs).
3. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (compulsory).
5. Torch with extra batteries, Matchbox, Candles, Old Newspapers (Compulsory).
6. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, Mosquito’s cream.
7. A good trekking shoes, Bedding (sleeping mat and shawl) (Compulsory).
Max Participants Size :25 ppl
For Reg. & more details, contact Our “Rangers”
(plz ‘sms’ if call is not received).