We, at Green Carpet have organized many thrilling events in the course of the past year. These events involved a variety of adventure activities like Trekking, Rock climbing, Rappelling and Valley-crossing.
We have now decided to take you all on a trail to a place which is better known as ‘The Second Heaven’. You guessed it right! We are going to Harishchandragad this time and we are taking you with us!
This reminds me a dialogue from the great movie “The Gladiator”, ” Finally we are going back to where we belong.. The Gallocium”
Harishchandragad is an ancient guard of the Malshej ghat and stands a good 4600 ft and has a lot of history to tell!
Major attractions at Harishchandragad :
• Konkan Kada
• Taramati Peak
• Harishchandreshwar Temple
Meeting Point: The meeting point will be at Kalyan Railway Station at 10:30 pm on 25th June.
To reach Kalyan in time the following local train can be taken. It is a slow train for Titwala.
Mumbai CST 9:02 pm
Byculla 9:10 pm
Chinchpokli 9:12 pm
Dadar 9:20 pm
Kurla 9:31 pm
Ghatkopar 9:37 pm
Kanjurmarg 9:45 pm
Bhandup 9:47 pm
Mulund 9:53 pm
Thane 9:57 pm
Dombivli 10:22 pm
Kalyan 10:32 pm
• From Kalyan, we will take an S.T. Bus at 11:00 pm for Khubi Phata.
• We shall reach Khubi Phata at around 02:30am.
• We shall move towards the base village, Khireshwar, which is 5 km walk from Khubi Phata. We shall reach Khireshwar at around 04:00 am.
• We will rest in Khireshwar till 06:00 am and start the trek at 07:30 am after a hot breakfast and steaming tea.
Things to Carry
1. Mandatory Items (Compulsory)
• Lunch for 26th June.
• Water – Minimum 2 liters.
• Plate, Spoon & Glass.
• Sleeping Bag/ Sleeping Mat.
• Bed sheet or Blanket.
• Torch – Extra batteries to be carried.
• Knife/Pen Knife.
• Plastic Bags.
• Old Newspapers.
• Candles and a Matchbox
2. Optional Items:
• Personal medications & Toiletries.
• Additional Pair of Clothes.
• Electral / Enerzyl.
• Snacks, Biscuits
• Camera or Mobile
Note: Pack your bags assuming there will be rain on trek.
Cost & Expenditure
Tentative Expenditure of this trek is Rs.520/-
The Trek charges are inclusive of:
• Bus fare from Kalyan – Khubi Phata
• Private/Public Transport fares from Khubi Phata – Kalyan.
(Private transportation depends on the number of participants. In case, private transport is arranged while returning cost may go up by Rs.560)
What is not included :
•Anything which is not mentioned above
•Personal Tea / Coffee/ food/ Cold drink orders
Since, some prior arrangements need to be done before trek. We will collect Rs.300/- per person in advance at the time of registrations.
Maximum group size is 30 members
Seats will be reserved on first-come-first-serve basis
Last date for registrations: 24th June 2009 till 12 noon
Contact Details for Registration :
To register for the trek you can contact us on
Mangesh Halbe : +91 9920 246 746
Advance payment can be done to this account
Name : Mangesh Halbe
HDFC a/c no: 01461050278285
Branch : Talaopali, Thane
Our Online Presence:
Orkut: Green Carpet – The Nature Club
Facebook: Green Carpet – The Nature Club
We eagerly await your active participation!
With Warm Regards,
Founders, Green Carpet
Important Rules & Regulations:
• Liquor is strictly prohibited.Any individual found to be in possession of liquor or consuming the same will be immediately expelled from the trek group. No refund will be provided.
• If any individual wants to smoke he may do so at a clearing and with any of the group leader’s permission. He will have to move away from the group and smoke so that other members are not inconvenienced.
• None of the group leaders will be held responsible for any kind of accident.