Visapur fort (also called Visapoor fort) is a hill fort near Visapur village in Maharashtra, India. It is a part of the Lohagad-Visapur fortification.
History: Visapur Fort is larger and at a higher elevation than its twin fort- Lohagad. Within the fort are caves, cisterns of water, a decorated arch and old houses. These two roofless buildings surrounded by outer or veranda walls said to have once been Government offices. The ruins of a large stone-built house are known as the Peshwa’s palace. In addition to a huge carving of Hanuman, there are also several temple dedicated to him scattered all over the place]. Hanuman (or Maruti) was likely the patron deity of Visapur fort.
Meeting Point: Thane Railway Station at 6:30 AM
Trek fees: Rs 300/-
Transportation from Thane to the Base and back by Private bus,
Camp Instructor, guide and other expertise
Safety and other equipments required for the trek….
Evening Tea and Snacks.
Things to be carried:
• Packed lunch and Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
• A bottle of water (atleast 2 Ltrs)
• Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
• Good trekking shoes
• Haversack to put all your things, so that your hands are free (avoid sling bags)
• Camera (Optional)
• Medicines that you require usually. (optional)
• Electral/Tang powder/Glucone-D
Time to reach the Top: 2.5 hours
Height 1,084 m (3,556 ft)
• avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
• Trek fees does not include extra charges incurred by the participants for extra food, drinks, transportation, lodging, etc. apart from provided by Keen Venturers & Trekkers
• Drinking and smoking is strictly Prohibited
• The given schedule may vary slightly according to the circumstances on the particular day.
For Registrations and Booking please contact:
# Kanwar: 9833272744/ 9768955645
# Vinayak: 9869227389
Registration will be confirmed only with the advance payment of the trek fees…………
Only 35 seats available, please register as soon as possible to to avoid disappointment…..