Date: 07-08 August 2010
Shivneri Fort – The birth Place of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, it is situated in Junnar region. Height of this fort is 3342′. We need to pass through seven gates before we reach to the top of this fort.
History: The fort is near to Junnar city which was one of the oldest cities of ancient India. This fort was built in the reign of the Satvahans. The fort went into the hands of Yadavas, Bahamani King, Nizamshahi then Mughals. Shahaji raje brought his pregnant wife Jijabai to Junnar then to Shivneri for shelter. On Feb 19, 1630, Jijabai gave birth to Shivaji Raje.
What can we see at Shivneri …
Shivai Devi Temple.
Shivjanmasthan (Birth place of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj)
* Shiv Kunj , Huge Ambarkhana – used to store of grain.
* Kadelot Point – on the northern end of the fort.
* Koli Chauthara – monument built in the memory of Koli soldiers.
* Ganga-Jamuna – Big Water cisterns.
Bhimashankar is situated at the edge of the ghat at 3500 feet above MSL. It is the wild life Sanctuary with thick , dense jungle and most importantly ,one of the 12 Jyotirlings. Bhimashankar wild life sanctuary is spread over 131 sq. km area.
This is the home of giant Indian Squirrels – one of the largest tree squirrels found around this area, well over three feet long. Few of the other animals which can be found are Panthers, Barking Deers, Sambar, Wild Boar, Hyenas, Langur etc.
In this programme we will be taking enjoyable trek route from Bhimashankar to scenic village “Vandre” on our way back.
Main attractions of Bhimashankar
Shivamandir :- Temple is around 1400 years old and is built on the Hemad Panthi style .Temple is mainly in 3 parts , Ghabhara, Kurmamandap & Sabhamandap. There are few amazing sculptures and paintings on the roof and pillars of this temple.
Kunda :- Near to the temple there is Kunda , from where Bhima river originates. The sweat from the body of Lord Shiva during his battle with Tripurasura is believed to have created the Bhima river.
Gupt Bhimashankar :- In the jungle near to the temple, there is a water sculpted “Shiva Linga” , it is called as Gupt Bhimashankar. During monsoon we can enjoy the waterfall at Gupt Bhimashankar.
Nagphani Pinnacle :- From nagphani Point we can have a marvelous view of fort of Peth, Padhar , matheran & Karjat region.
Other Points on Bhimashankar :- Hanuman Tank & Mumbai Point.
* First Pickup Point :06th August 2010 10:30 p.m at National Park Junction (Borivali (E))
* Second Pickup Point :06th August 2010 11:30 p.m (Mulund (W)) near Vishwamahal Hotel.
* 07th August early morning we will reach Shivneri fort.
* After visiting Shivneri we will proceed for Bhimashankar .
* On 07th and 08th August morning , we will visit Places on Bhimashankar.
* On 08th Morning from Bhimashankar we will get down to Vandre village visiting Gupt Bhimashankar.
* Back to Mumbai on 08th August 2010 by 09:00 p.m
Contribution for this Trek is Rs.1300/-(Advance contribution Rs.700/-)
Contribution includes Travelling from Mumbai to Mumbai by private vehicle , food expenses and stay.
1. Confirmation of names for participation is subject to payment of advance trek contribution.
2. Organizers are not responsible for safety of any of valuable items of participants.
3. This is eco-friendly trek so everyone has to take care of nature around us.
4. Organizers have the authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation.
5. What you will bring is Water Bottle, Glass, Spoon, Torch, Shoes, Cap, Sack, Extra pair of clothes, personal medicine (if any).
Contact for Details
Amit Nanivadekar : 9619917878
Santosh Bhide : 9930660731
Akshay Mulye : 9819212975
Tushar Nidambur : 9892000782
Rupali Kadam :9819486782
Vaibhav Bhosle : 9820480382
Enroll yourself for this trek at www.aasamant.com