LADAKH DISASTER RELIEF 2010
A LIVE TO LOVE INITIATIVE REGISTRATION FORM FOR VOLUNTEERS ONE FORM PER PERSON
JOINT REGISTRATION CENTERS:
LIVE TO LOVE CHARITABLE FOUNDATION (INTERNATIONAL) PEL DRUKPA CHARITABLE TRUST (INDIA)
Thank you for your interest in registering as a volunteer for the Live to Love Initiative – Ladakh Disaster Relief
2010 Emergency Volunteer Group. Kindly provide the following details and allow us to review the areas where
you are able to contribute your expertise.
In the event that we are not able to accept you as a volunteer on ground zero, please do not be disheartened: it may be that the impending situation does not require your expertise and experience for the time being, but there will be opportunities to help in other ways. As this is an emergency situation, we will reply to you as
soon as possible.
You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
Are you able to travel on 17 August 2010 to Leh? ___ Yes ___ No
If yes, how long are you able to stay in Leh ___ days
Are you able to travel in September 2010 to Leh (date will be informed later) ___ Yes ___ No
AREAS OF QUALIFIED EXPERTISE/INTEREST/EXPERIENCE WHERE WE NEED HELP
Medical (Doctors) ____ Fundraising ____
Nursing ____ Procurement ____
Public Communications ____ Counseling ____
Construction ____ Architecture ____
PEL DRUKPA CHARITABLE TRUST. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 91 (124) 411 5234 Fax: 91 (124) 411 5235
1. This is a voluntary service, all traveling expenses are self?financed.
2. You will be going to disaster?hit areas in Ladakh. In some instances, you may be required to help the victims and
survivors. Therefore, you have to be mentally prepared to witness deaths, injuries, mudslides and other results of
the calamity. If you are physically or emotionally unable to carry on during the operation, please do not hesitate
to take leave.
3. You are required to arrange for your own travel and health Insurance and ensure that you are covered for
emergency helicopter evacuation, in case of unforeseen health issues. Travel Insurance will also ensure that you
will be covered in the event of a cancelled or shortened trip due to unforeseen circumstances.
4. All meals are vegetarian. We discourage volunteers from bringing disposable items, as this will pollute the
Himalayas, where the source of water is very precious and rare.
5. Please bring your own mug and container.
6. We ask that everyone be as understanding and tolerant as possible, as we have no idea what will happen during
the journey and what kind of experience you will go through internally. Please refrain from breaking down
emotionally as this will affect relief efforts, and will add further strain to the situation on ground zero.
7. We are going to a high altitude of approximately 3000m above sea level. Please take care of yourself.
1. Delhi?Leh return airfare: Rs17,000?Rs20,000 more or less, depending on the date of booking
2. Rs1,200 per night and 3 meals a day on a twin?sharing basis (i.e. Rs600 per person) and Rs1,000 for single
occupancy. This is a special arrangement made with Ladakh Sarai.
3. Airport transfer will cost around Rs150 per trip.
4. Full day rental of a jeep – Rs1,600 per day.
5. Daily expenses – approximately Rs1,200 per day.