Registration is open for a 3-day ICT workshop for non-profits in Manali, Himachal Pradesh September 6 – 8 2010.
This workshop is for participants from regions in and around Himachal Pradesh. Preference will be be given to organizations who nominate at least 1 female candidate. A maximum of 2 participants from each organization can apply. If you wish to nominate a third candidate, a nominal fee of 350 /- will be applicable for th…at candidate.
Applicants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. Food will be provided at the venue, and there is no registration fee for the workshop unless otherwise mentioned.
Exact venue details will be communicated to selected candidates one week before the event.
* Introduction to the Free Software philosophy
* Free, stable and secure alternatives to the expensive operating systems on the market.
* Office applications for documents, presentations and spreadsheets which are royalty-free and support working in your local language and are free to download and redistribute to anyone.
* Simple and powerful audio and video editing tools which can be used to capture and edit your video and audio files.
* Free professional grade photo editing software which is easy to install and use.
* Email services for your domain and collaboratively work on documents and spreadsheets within and outside your organization. (No more sending attachments back and forth to make corrections, you can do it in real-time!)
* Alternative licensing concepts for your original creative work like photos, videos, stories and more which help you share your work with others without copyright issues.
* Free online materials for reading and research, free e-books for download, free online encyclopaedias
* Social media applications for effective campaigning
Free software is a matter of liberty, not price. “Free” stands for freedom in this case, though most of the software is also free of cost.
Office Phone: +91 80 428 44 444
Rajeev Nair – 96113 44 374
Google Group page: http://j.mp/ConveneWrkshps