Trekking in Day is bit common nowadays, but night trekking is something rare and adventurous. So Durgmitra presents an Over-Night trek to fort Sudhagad on 28th August,2010.
SUDHAGAD is situated nearly 12 kms away from Pali. One of the Ashtavinayak temples is situated in PALI. It is rarely visited forts in Konkan region. Sudhagad is situated nearly 2500 ft above sea level & one of the most well-preserved forts, with its walls and fortification very much intact.
The fort was also considered for alternative options for Capital of Shivaji Maharaj. This fort had seen many historical battles in between Mughal & Maratha.There are two to ways to reach to the top:- One from Dhondse village which takes us through Mahadarwaja (the main door of the fort) and second one is from Pachhapur village.
What to look forward on Sudhagad…
1) A vast green plateau on the top.
2) Bhoraidevi Temple.
3) Pantasachiv wada.
5) Shiva mandir,Hanuman mandir.
6) A beautiful lake.
7) Ruins of the old buildings including Ambarkhana.
8) Echo point.
9) Takmak point like Raigad.
10) We get panoramic view of forts like Sarasgad, Korigad, Dhangad, Taila-Baila Forts.
10:00 pm – Reporting at Kasturi Plaza, Dombivli(E)
10:30 pm – Towards Sudhagad.
11:40 pm – Pick-up from Panvel Bus Depot.
1:00 am – Sudhagad’s Base, Pachhapur Village.
3:00 am – On the top of the Fort.
—————————–*** GOOD NIGHT***———————————–
8:30 am – Breakfast
9:30 am – Sudhagd Darshan
1:00 pm – Lunch
2:30 pm – Towards Base Village
4:30 pm – Return Journey.
5:00 pm – Evening Tea and Snacks (at Pali).
6:00 pm – Towards Dombivali.
THINGS TO CARRY-
1. Water Bottle (Mandatory).
2. Cap / Gog.(optional)
3. Extra pair of clothes.(optional)
4. Good footwear.(Mandatory)
5. Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the trek) (optional)
6. Personal small medical kit. (if u require usually/Optional)
7. Electral/Tang powder.
8. Wind Cheater.
9. Other things as per your choice.
10.TORCH, Bedsheets, etc. (mandatory)
11.Haversack to put all these stuffs.
So what are you waiting for, pack your bags considering the rains into picture.. do carry small plastic bags to carry wet clothes home.
But no plastic littering on the way or in mountains.
The Charges for the Trek is Rs.550/-
Terms and Conditions:-
1) If the Entry is being cancelled in the course of the Program, the decision of returning
the Fees will be handled completely by the Durgmitra.
2) Drinking Liquor and Smoking are Strictly Prohibited.
3) Total care will be taken by the Durgmitra but they will not be responsible for any sudden illness or Natural Calamities.
If the participant is under any type of Medical Treatment then kindly mention it over the form.Also keep the Medicines Handy.Carry Valuables at your own risk, Durgmitra will not be responsible in case of Loss.
Vivek Patil – 8097880441
Pratik Patil – 9664288699
So, do get registered yourself as the last date is 26/08/2010.(Limited Seats)