Meeting Point : CST Railway Station at 11.00 pm on Thursday 09th December,2010
Mode of Transport: PUBLIC TRANSPORT ( Local Train/ Bus etc.)
The charges of the Trek are Rs. 1,050/- per head
Last Date of Registration: 04th December, 2010
Advance for Registration: Rs. 400/-
Brief Introduction about Forts :
Type : Hill Fort Range : Kalasubai District : Ahmednagar Height above sea level : 4255 ft. Difficulty rating : Simple Base village : Ratanwadi Appx. time to reach : 3 hrs from the base village
Ratangad lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district.
Sightseeing : One can go around the fort to have a look at the nearby mountains in the Kalsubai range. Ratangad also has a natural orifice (nedhe). It is also possible to go an sit in this nedhe . Climbing down the nedhe to the western end of the fort leads closest to the Khuta pinnacle and Trimbak darwaja. Eastern side of the fort has some fortification left, one can see Rani mahal here. From the southern side one can see Katrabai and Ajoba fort very close. About 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors.
Type : Hill Fort Fort Range : Malshej District : Ahmednagar Height above sea level : 4510 ft.
Difficulty rating:Medium Base village : Khireshwar Appx. time to reach : 3-4 hrs from the base village
Harishchandragad Fort is famous for its height, its toughness and the famous ‘Konkan Kada’ 1800 ft. Harishchandra Temple is known to be the pride of the fort. Sant Changdev stayed here for some time and completed his manuscript – ‘Tatwasaar’. The Nandi and Shivling in the temple are breathtaking. Harishchandragad Fort is situated in Junnar region near Malshej Ghat. Rohidas, Taramati and Harishchandra are the three peaks in Harishchandragad. Many peaks, fort and other beautiful places such as Malshej Ghat, Jivdhan, Nane Ghat, Ratangad, Kalsubai, etc. can also be seen from here.
Sightseeing : To the east of the temple is a well-built lake called “Saptatirtha”. On its bank are temple-like constructions in which there are idols of Lord Vishnu. Going rightwards of Harishchandreshwar temple, we come across a huge cave of Kedareshwar, in which there is a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water. Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff) most interesting point on this fort is this cliff. Caves on Harishchandragad are situated all over the fort. Many of these are situated at the foot of Taramati peak & are the place of accommodation. Nageshwar temple near Khireshwar is a great antique construction, and diverse artistic works are seen on this.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:-
Meeting point at CST Station 11.00 pm on Thursday dt. 09/12/2010 sharp
Day —– 1 Friday 10th December 2010
12.10 am Departure from Mumbai CST by Mahanagari Express >>> 03:10 am at Igatpuri Station
04:45 am Catch bus 2 Shendi >>>> 06:20 am at Shendi
06:30 am Ferry ride or by local Vehicle to Ratanwadi >>> 07:30 am at Ratanwadi ( Base Village)
Amruteshwar Temple visit Round of introductions, rules and regulations, Breakfast, Tea
08:15 am Trek starts to Ratangad >>> 10:15 am Atop of Ratangad , Sight seeing
12:15 pm Return to caves for our lunch >>>> 01:00 pm Descend for Katrabai route towards Kumshet village >>>>>>> 05.00 pm at Kumshet Village……… Dinner Preparation and Night Halt
Day —– 2 Saturday 11th December 2010
Get up Early morning Tea and Breakfast
07:00 am Start from Kumshet Village
01.00 pm at Pachnai village ( Lunch Break)
04.00 pm at Harishchandragad top >>> 04.00 pm to 05.00 pm Rest…………
05.30 pm at Kokankada- Harishchandrgad
07.15 pm Back to cave , later Dinner Preparation at Harishchandragad and Night Halt
Day —– 3 Sunday 12th December 2010
08.00 am at Taramati 09.30 am Tea and Breakfast
10.00 am Descend towards Khireshwar ( Base village of Harishchandragad)
02.00 pm at Khireshwar Village…. ( Lunch Break )
03.30 pm Khubi Phata . > > > > We will be in Mumbai 10.00 pm (That’s Subjective)
Things To be Carried Alongwith:-
- Identity Card,
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one hands free while walking
- Some ready to eat food
- Polythene bag for your garbage
- Medicine those if u require usually
- Comfortable shoes, sandals, extra pair of socks
- 2-3 bunch of News-papers
- Camera – Optional
- Lunch for Friday i.e. 10.12.2010 (Compulsory) ,
- Water bottle 02 Liters,
- TORCH with extra batteries (Compulsory)
- A spoon, mug and a plate (Compulsory)
- Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
- Carry mat /sleeping bag / bed sheet (Compulsory)
- Please Note …night temperatures can be cold, if require carry Light woolen sweater
Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. & Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
The charges of the Trek are Rs. 1,050/- per head, which includes
Travel expenditure from Mumbai to Mumbai via Public Transport
3 lunch , 2 dinner , Tea, breakfast, refreshments, etc.during Trek
What is not included • Anything not mentioned above • Personal orders of food & cold drinks
NOTE: PLEASE CONFIRM ONLY IF YOU ARE GENUINELY INTERESTED IN COMING AND INTEND TO REGISTER AS SOON AS YOU CAN. Casual Confirmation isn’t a good thing to do.
For all your further inquiries, kindly co-ordinate with the below organizing members of Team Swachhand:
Pravin Ghude : 9920404522 Rushikesh Sakhare: – 09967686828, Ganesh Bhopalgade: – 09619669104, Aditya Mestry: – 09920535003, Jayesh Ghude: – 09892943980
For Dombivali and Kalyan onwards People, please contact to Mr. Sachin Shirawale: – 09321507040
Email: – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
General Rules for the participants and members:-
- Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
- We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR,
- The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it.
- Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
- Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. drinking etc.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Important . Print and leave a copy of this mail at home with a friend or relative in case of Emergency
- Imp Request: We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to a
void troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. We look forward to you active participation.
Thanks and Regards,