Ratangad is situated in the Igatpuri region, Nagar District. It is situated at an altitude of 4255 feet above the sea level. We get spectacular views of the Bhandardara dam / reservoir from top.
History: Ratangad is famous for the Amruteshwar temple at the base village, Ratanwadi. This temple was built by Raja Jhanj in 6th century. The architecture of this temple was in Hemadpanti style.
What to see on Ratangad …..
Ø Ganesh Darvaja and Hanuman Darvaja
Ø Ruins of old structure
Ø Water cisterns
Ø Nedha (a natural orifice)
Ø Bastions of the fort
Ø We can have glimpse of Alang , Kulang , Patta , Harishchandragad, Kalsubai and Ajoba
Ø Enjoy the view of Bhandardhara backwater
What to see in Ratanwadi …..
Ø Amruteshwar Mandir (Lord Shiva temple)
Ø Pushkarni (Water cistern). This is also known as Vishnuteerth.
- First pickup 9.45 pm Borivali east National Park on 4th February 2011.
- Second Pickup 10.45 pm Mulund west Vishwamahal Hotel on 4th February 2011.
- Reach Ratanwadi by 6.00 am 5th February 2011.
- After Amruteshwar Mandir Darshan we will start our trek to Ratangad
- 5th February 2011, Ratangad Darshan and Night stay in Ratangad Cave
- On 6th February 2011 morning after tea start climbing down to Ratanwadi.
- We will return Mumbai around 9.00 pm on Sunday 6th February 2011.
- Contribution per person for this trek is Rs. 1100/-
- All our treks are eco-friendly treks, kindly take care of nature around us
- Confirmation of names for Participation is subject to payment of advance of Rs. 700/-
- Organizers are not responsible for safety of any valuable items of participants
- Organizers have the authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation
For enrollment contact us:
Santosh Bhide : 9930660731 Akshay Mulye : 9819212975
Vaibhav Bhosle : 9820480382
Log on to www.aasamant.com