see the link of our previous first Monsoon Trek to Takmak Gad
Kalpavihar Adventure is arranging a trek to
Name of Event
Trek to Kothaligad
26th June 11 (we are leaving on 25th night)
Pl. give your conformation by 25th morning.
Rs. 325/- (karjat to Karjat)
Included in fees – Traveling from karjat stn to base & ret. by auto, breakfast, Veg. lunch, dinner, evening refreshment.
FortHeight : 3100 ft
Grade : Medium
Peth, also known as ‘Kothaligad’, is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21Km North East of Karjat. This fort stands tall in the company of various other forts like Rajmachi, Dhak, Siddhagad and Bhimashankar, a witness to our illustrious history.
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. This fort though small in stature has a vast historical background. Mughal chronicles provide us a lot of information on this fort. This fort was more of a ‘defense station’ than a strong fort. Peth was mainly used for ammunition storage. Peth gained importance during Sambhaji’s era.
You have to bring
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has their hands free while trekking. Please do not carry Sling bags, Jholas, handbags/shoulder bags etc.
- Shoes with Good Grip for trekking. (Sports/Jungle/Trek Shoes). Please do not wear sandals, chappals or floaters, girls are requested not to wear high heel footwear.
- Cap, goggle if require
- Identity proof (compulsory).
- Water bottle (min. 2 ltr.)
- Spare set of cloths
- Personal medicine if any
- Wrap all things (especially camera & cell phone) in polythene bags.
- Optional things: Camera, Binoculars.
- Please avoid bringing valuables, jewellery or expensive things. We accept no responsibility for anything that is misplaced.
Rules & Regulation
Everyone has to follow the instructions of Camp In-charge & instructors No shortcut in trek Smoking &
Drinking are strictly prohibited. Anyone found smoking or consuming alcohol will be expelled from trek there and then itself.
Shorts (above knee level), sleeveless T-shirts not allowed. Those violating the dress code will not be permitted to participant.
This is not a picnic. All participants are requested to maintain timings meant for the trek by leader to avoid inconvenient to all other participants.
Keep the campsite clean
Karjat Stn. (East) near ticket window.
For booking & other details contact:
Vaishali G. Desai- 9820684723