We invite you for an adventurous journey of rappelling through the gigantic Waterfall Vihi gaon on 31st of July 2011.
Location: Vihi gaon near Kasara.
Height: Approx 120 feet
Rappelling is a quick way of descending heights using adventure gear and involves sliding down the ropes. The speed of descend is controlled by the friction. Proper belay support makes this event 100% safe.
Waterfalls always fascinate us. Don’t they? Every monsoon we visit number of waterfalls to get drenched. It feels amazing when the water hits our body with the speeding force.
Imagine how exciting it will be to walk down the waterfall and experiencing the trill, the force, the pressure and the adventure.
It gives the most incredible feeling of success and accomplishment when you touch the ground, overcoming all your fears of height or water.
The itinerary for the Event is as given below:
Meeting point for Mumbaikars:
Meeting point: Dadar east, Swami Narayan Mandir, at 6.00 am
06:15 am start towards Vihi
Breakfast on board
09:45 am : Reach Vihi, introduction, Instruction, Demo
10:30 am : start rappelling turn by turn
01:30 pm : Lunch Break, start activity immediately after luch
05:30 pm : wind up, evening refreshments
06:30 pm : Departure to Mumbai
Reaching Mumbai by 09:30 – 10:30 pm tentatively.
Meeting point for Punekars:
Meeting point : HDFC, SHivaji Nagar , at 4.45 am
05:00 am start towards Vihi
Breakfast on board
10:45 am : Reach Vihi, introduction, Instruction, Demo
11:30 am : start rappelling turn by turn
01:30 pm : Lunch Break, start activity immediately after lunch
04:00 pm : wind up for Pune People, evening refreshments
04:30 pm : Departure to Pune
Reaching Pune by 09:30 – 10:30 pm tentatively.
Rs 600/- per head which includes for Mumbaikars:
Rs 800/- per head which includes for Punekars
Travelling from Dadar to Dadar by private vehicle,
Breakfast and evening refreshments.
For registration kindly transfer Rs.600 per head For Mumbaikars & Rs.800/- For Punekars in the following A/c
Union Bank Account No 369102010801696
Branch : Juhu Tara Mumbai
In the Name of Ms Priti P Patel
IFSC Code : UBINO536911
Note: Registrations through phone calls only.
Contact the leader for group booking benefits.
Entries and seating arrangement in the bus on first come first served basis.
After transaction please email us transaction id along with participants details (name, email and mobile number) at email@example.com
Registration or queries:
Priti Patel : 9869524260
Rajas Deshpande : 9664782503
Zeenat Sikilkar : 898334613
Sunil Gawade : 9764006282
Emergency Contact No : You may leave this number with your relatives, so that in case you are not reachable they can contact on the number and get an update on the group’s whereabouts.
Aniruddha Kelkar : 9619666895
Rules and regulations:
1. Do understand that we do not arrange picnics. It follows that if one seeks luxury and absolute comfort then we can hardly help them. 😉
2. Offbeat Sahyadri believe in being one with nature and that is possible only when we shed all city slicker attitudes. Of course by that we do not suggest that one should be ready for any kind of nonsense.
3. Utmost care is taken to ensure safety of the group and care is taken that no one is inconvenienced because of factors within our control.
4. We do expect our offbeater friends to understand group dynamics and leave at home their individuality. They should be prepared to share and care. That makes and all the physical and mental exhaustion forgettable and the trek itself becomes unforgettable! Trust us on this.
Now some basic codes:
1. Absofreakinglutely no littering! Carry your own trash. If you are found littering then we will request you to pick it up. Friends, it is really not nice to throw garbage around and it only reflects upon us. Will we do this to our own houses?
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!
2. Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals. Think how you would feel if someone barges into your house and threatens you. The jungle is THEIR home. So, Capital NO= NO!
3. Remember, the mountain has a mind of his own. Beware and do not make the mistake of taking him for granted. It sounds weird but it’s true.
With fellow trekkers:
1. It is fun to interact and get to know people from different walks of life. Feel free to take the opportunity to expand your social circles.
2. Share water and food. Nothing else is a better ice breaker than being offered water or a bite of your sandwich!
3. Care for your fellow trekkers. It is not nice to be self centered and unamicable.
For your own safety:
1. The organizers and you yourself are equally responsible for your safety. We cannot take the blame for injuries or inconveniences arising out of actions outside the organizers instructions and acts of nature.
2. Simply put, stay with the group. Do not rush far too ahead or lag too behind. We understand that everyone has a different stamina and we try to keep the group bound together.
3. Do not wander off from the main trail. Whenever there is no established trail, strictly stay with the group. Be within the sight of the person ahead of you and the one behind you. It helps.
4. One must understand that the group leader is responsible for the entire group and may have to take some tough decisions at times. If one expects a memorable experience with us then we expect full cooperation and discipline. To sum up, the leader’s decision will be final and binding on all offbeaters.
5. Finally, the non arguable part. Smoking and other forms of tobacco use and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.