We invite you for a trek to Majestic Sudhagad fort on 7th of August 2011, starting on 6th night.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2030 ft above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Thakurwadi / Dhomse
Region : Pali
The only fort which was considered before Raigad for establishing as the capital of Shiv swarajya, Sudhagad is a gigantic fort with a huuuuuuuge plateau atop. It will take a day to explore the entire circumference of the fort. Tactfully fortified this was one was one of the mightiest and inaccessible fort of the time.
There still exists a spacious Wada of the Pant Sachiv of the Sudhagad region. Its in bad condition due to lack of maintenance. Some maintenance work was initiated last year.
A well built temple of Bhoraidevi is the only place for shelter atop. There is deepmal in front of the temple. Few remnants of Tulsi Vrundawan lay in the vicinity.
The main attraction on this fort is the Mahadarwaja at Dhomse side which is an exact replica of the Mahadarwaja at Raigad, and still is in good shape.
Takmak Tok offers beautiful view of the Valley.
The itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
11:00 pm : Dadar East, Swaminarayan Temple.
11:15 pm : Move to base by Private Vehicle
03:30 am : Reach the base Village, Rest in the bus till dawn
06:30 am : Does and Don’ts, Introduction, Breakfast
07:15 am : Start the trek
10:15 pm : Reach the Top, site seeing
12:00 pm : lunch in the temple, exploration
01:30 pm : Start descending
04:30 pm : Base,
05:30 pm : Departure for Mumbai
Evening refreshments on the way back
Reaching Mumbai by 09.30-10.30pm tentatively.
is Rs 500/– per head
Travelling Charges from Dadar to Dadar .
Breakfast and evening refreshments.
For registration kindly transfer Rs 500/- per head in the following A/c
Union Bank Account No 369102010801696
Branch : Juhu Tara Mumbai
In the Name of Ms Priti P Patel
IFSC Code : UBIN0536911
Note: Registrations through phone calls only.
After transaction please email us transaction id along with participants details (name, email and mobile number) at email@example.com
Check list :
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
Water 2 liters
Change of cloths
Mug for tea
Ready to eat snacks
Registration or queries:
Aniruddha : 9619666895
Priti : 9869524260
Rajas : 9664782503
Zeenat Sikilkar : 8983394613
Rules and regulations.
Do understand that we do not arrange picnics. It follows that if one seeks luxury and absolute comfort then we can hardly help them. 😉
Offbeat sahyadri believe in being one with nature and that is possible only when we shed all city slicker attitudes. Of course by that we do not suggest that one should be ready for any kind of nonsense.
Utmost care is taken to ensure safety of the group and care is taken that no one is inconvenienced because of factors within our control.
We do expect our offbeater friends to understand group dynamics and leave at home their individuality. They should be prepared to share and care. That makes and all the physical and mental exhaustion forgettable and the trek itself becomes unforgettable! Trust us on this.
Now some basic codes.
- Absofreakinglutely no littering! Carry your own trash. If you are found littering then we will request you to pick it up. Friends, it is really not nice to throw garbage around and it only reflects upon us. Will we do this to our own houses? J.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!
- Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals. Think how you would feel if someone barges into your house and threatens you. The jungle is THEIR home. So, Capital N O= NO!
- Remember, the mountain has a mind of his own. Beware and do not make the mistake of taking him for granted. It sounds weird but it’s true.
- It is fun to interact and get to know people from different walks of life. Feel free to take the opportunity to expand your social circles.
- Share water and food. Nothing else is a better ice breaker than being offered water or a bite of your sandwich!
- Care for your fellow trekkers. It is not nice to be self centered and unamicable.
For your own safety
- The organizers and you yourself are equally responsible for your safety. We cannot take the blame for injuries or inconveniences arising out of actions outside the organizers instructions and acts of nature.
- Simply put, stay with the group. Do not rush far too ahead or lag too behind. We understand that everyone has a different stamina and we try to keep the group bound together.
- Do not wander off from the main trail. Whenever there is no established trail, strictly stay with the group. Be within the sight of the person ahead of you and the one behind you. It helps.
- One must understand that the group leader is responsible for the entire group and may have to take some tough decisions at times. If one expects a memorable experience with us then we expect full cooperation and discipline. To sum up, the leader’s decision will be final and binding on all offbeaters.
- Finally, the non arguable part. Smoking and other forms of tobacco use and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Team OffBeat Sahyadri