BACKPACK OUTDOORS invites you to join us for “Trek to Tung – Tikona “ on 22nd July 2012.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE PLACE AND PICTURES:
Tung is also known as ‘Kathingad’. As the name suggests, the fort is difficult to climb. Tung is in Mawal region which was truly ruled by Marathas. Though the trek is a little tiresome, still you can enjoy the amazing view of the dam and twin Tung and Tikona. One can see the temple of ‘Devi Tungai’, a small lake and a beautiful cave on the fort. But one can enjoy the marvelous view of Lohgad – Visapur on the north and Tikona on the east.
Tikona is pyramid shape and fort hence popularly known as ‘Tikona’ or Triangle. It is also called as ‘Vitangagad’. It is similar to climb like his partner ‘Tung’. The fort has its ‘Bale killa’ the big doors, the temple of ‘Trimbakeshwar Mahadev’, a water tank and few caves of Satvahan era. The view of Pawna dam and other forts like Tung, Lohagad and Visapur is beautiful.
DETAILS OF THE TREK ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Duration: 1 day
Region: Near Pavana Lake (Lonavala region)
Age Group: 10 yrs and above.
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Activities to be conducted: Trekking, Fun games (if time permits)
No. of Seats: Minimum 15 people and above
Pune: – Rs 500/-
Mumbai: – Rs 600/-
Includes :- Transport by Private vehicle, Tea, Breakfast, Refreshments and Trek expertise. (first aid will be provided if required)
Excludes:– Lunch and anything that is not specifically mentioned in Includes.
Travel: By Private Vehicle.
Pune: – Deccan (Opp KFC.), J. M. Road, Pune.
Mumbai: – Dadar (Swamynarayan Mandir)
** Note: – Trek groups from Pune and Mumbai will be trekking as independent groups.
Things to carry:
1. Packed Lunch for Sunday.
2. A ‘Backpack’ or a haversack
(please avoid zola or sling bag as it becomes difficult to trek with them
3. Shoes are must – Good quality Trekking /Sports with extra pair of socks.
4. Minimum 2 litres of water (Must)
5. Some emergency packed food such as biscuits, cakes, chocolates
6. Personal medication(If required). Basic First Aid will be available.
7. Extra pair of clothes
9. Rain Cover
10. Camera (Optional)
11. Torch with extra batteries (just in case)
• Please pay the respective fees to Backpack Outdoors either by online transfer or by cash payment at Backpack’s Office.
• If paid online then please send in a confirmation e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with details like name, age, gender, address, transaction number and telephone numbers of all the participants.
• Payment can be done directly through bank transfers to our account
Bank of India
Current A/c No. – 052320110000298
IFSC code – BKID0000523
Kothrud (Gujrat colony) Branch.
• You can also do the payment by cash or cheque in the name of “BACKPACK OUTDOORS” at our office.
***Please note that your registration will be confirmed only after the payment of the entire fees.
Thanks and Regards,
Team BACKPACK OUTDOORS
2, Jeevan heights, Rambaug Colony, M.I.T. College Road, Off Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune-411038
Devvarth / Yogesh Lele –09762103020
Mayur – 09823996112
Akshay Bapat – 09833199467