ZANSKAR: Zanskar valley lies to the south – west of Leh, surrounded by the Himalaya and Zanskar ranges, which is the most isolated of all the trans – Himalayan Valleys. Zanskar comprises of two main valleys the Stod(Doda Chu) and the Lanak (Tsarap Chu)which coverage below at Padum. The area remains inaccessible for nearly 7 months in the year. All passes close in the winter and the river freeze on the surface. Zanskaris walk along it to reach the Indus River in Nimoo (Chilling village), which is known as the Chadar (frozen blanket) Trek. The geographical isolation has resulted in the preservation of the Buddhist heritage and identity.
Tentative Dates are Feb. confirmed Dates will be Published soon.
Duration : 8 Days/ Nights.
Difficulty : Moderate to Difficult.
Batch size: 15 people.
Cost : 20,300/- INR(Approx – it will go down as we are waiting for final deal for group discount)
– Trek fee inclusive of permit fees and service tax.
– Accommodation: Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House on Day 1 and Day 8 of Trek and tents/camps on the trek.
– Transportation from Leh to the road head at Chilling from where the trek starts.
– Vegetarian meal during the trek
– Camping charges and permits.
– Sleeping bags and mats.
– Services of an Qualified and experienced Trek Leader to guide over the entire tour.
– Food/Meal in Leh.
– Transportation Till Leh and Return from Leh.
– Personal expenses and tips.
– Personal winter and trek requirements like jackets, sun glasses, gloves, and trekking poles.
– Anything not specifically mentioned under the included list.
Note : Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control, will not be refunded.
Day 1: Report at Leh. Acclimatize and over night at guest house.
Day 2: Drive to Chilling [3 hrs]. Trek to Tilat Sumdo camp [1 hr].
Day 3:Trek to Tsomo Paldar [9 km/6 hrs trek].
Day 4: Trek to Dibb [14.5 km/8 hrs trek]
Day 5:Trek to Naerak Pullu [11.5 km/7 hrs trek]
Day 6: Trek from Naerak to Dibb.
Day 7:Trek to Shingra Koma.
Day 8:Trek to Chilling and drive back to Leh.
Day 9:Return from Leh.
For More info, Pleasecontact :
Jaykumar – 09503 645 225 or
mail us @ Friends@placesaroundpune.i