“Wild Rangers” have arranged the tour to Magnificent DudhSagar Water Fall & Gokak Water Fall on 12-14 Sep 2014
Dudh Sagar Waterfall
The magnificent Dudhsagar Waterfall is perched in the high peaks of the Western Ghats and is a sight to behold especially in the monsoons when it is in full and furious flow. From a distance, the waterfall appears like streams of milk rushing down the mountainside. The exhuberent and spectacular waterfall is located in the Sanguem taluka.
Measuring a mighty 600m from head to foot, this waterfall on the Goa-Karnataka border, attracts a steady stream of visitors from the coast into the rugged Western Ghats. After pouring across the Deccan plateau, the headwaters of the Mandovi River form a foaming torrent that splits into three streams to cascade down a near-vertical cliff face into a deep green pool.
The Konkani name for the falls, which literally translated means “sea of milk”, derives from clouds of milky foam which rises up at the bottom of the falls. Dudhsagar is set amidst breathtaking scenery overlooking a steep, crescent-shaped head of a valley carpeted with pristine tropical forest, that is only accessible on foot or by train.
The Gokak waterfall is located at a distance of 6 km from Gokak on the Ghataprabha River in the Belgaum district.
The Ghataprabha River separated from the Malaprabha river by the Belgaum hills flows through the black soil plains before it enters the rocky belt of Gokak.
After a long winding course, Ghataprabha River takes a leap of 170 ft over the sandstone cliff. The cliff is in a picturesque gorge of the Gokak valley and is in the shape of a horseshoe. Except the width and color of the water, the general characteristics of the fall, height, shape and speed look a lot like Niagara Falls on a smaller scale. The dull roar of the falls can be heard long before it attained.
There is a hanging bridge across the river, about 201 meters and its height above the bed rock is measuring about 14 meters. Only 30 people are allowed at a time inside the bridge
Places to see
• Magnificent Dudh Sagar waterfall
• Gokak waterfall
• Beautiful & breathtaking scenery along the way
• Mahalaxmi Temple
Duration: 3 Days and 2 Nights
Day-1: 12th Sep, Friday
• Reporting at Pune station at 15:00 pm
• Board the Goa Express train at 16:20 pm
Day-2: 13th Sep, Saturday
• Reach Castle Rock station at 03:00 am
• Rest for a while, after breakfast start the journey of 14 KMs on Railway track for Magnificent Dudh Sagar waterfall at 6:30 am
• Experience the beautiful & breathtaking scenery along the way.
• Reach Dudh Sagar waterfall at 10:00 am
• Board the Goa Express train at 16:30 pm
• Reach Ghatprabha station at 21:00 pm, night stay in Gokak.
Day-3: 14th Sep, Sunday
• Wake up call at 07:00 am
• After breakfast move towards Gokak waterfall.
• Experience the Gokak waterfall from hanging bridge.
• Board the HariPriya train at 12:30 pm for Kolhapur.
• Reach Kolhapur at 16:30 pm and take the blessing from Mahalaxmi devi.
• Board the Mahalaxmi train at 20:30 pm for Mumbai.
• Train will reach Pune at 03:20 am & 07:00 am at CST station.
• Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Costs: INR 2500 per person
Last date of Registration: 12th Jul 2014
• All Train tickets (Day-1 Mumbai-Pune journey not included)
• All Meals on Day 2 and Day 3 (Day-1 Meals are not included)
• Stay in Gokak
• Expertise charges
• Any expenses in the Train (Food, snacks etc.)
• Any kind of expenses of personal nature.
Things to be carried:
• A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs)
• Good Trekking shoes.
• Torch With Extra Battery (Must)
• Cap, Windcheater• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments• Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)• Extra Pair of clothes.
• A haversack to put all these things
Registration and Payment Details: For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along with alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and transfer payment of INR 2500 in the account details mentioned below.
A/C Name :- Mayur Phadale
A/C Number:- 643801505651
IFSC Code :- ICIC0006438
Branch: – ICICI Bank, Andheri (East)
Pradeep :- 9049597019
Team Wild Rangers