Here we are… The Monsoon starts in the First week of June. And the Season for the Trekkers kicks off too.
What can be the best plan to start with for the Monsoon? Nothing can be better than, Harishchandragad.
Harishchandragad – Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar region of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat, Kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
What more to say about the fort. One of the Favorite Forts for the Trekkers.
The Trek –
Location: Fort Harishchandragad
Height: 1294 M from MSL.
District: Ahmed Nagar
The Plan –
Day 1 – Saturday 8th June 2013
Meeting Point: Deccan Gymkhana Bus Stop.
Leave Pune at 6 AM by Private Vehicle.
10:30 – Reach Pachnai Village and introduction session.
Breakfast: on the way.
10:45 – Start the hike to the Fort.
It will take 1.5 hours to reach the top.
12:30 – Lunch
Post Lunch, we will visit the Balekilla and then will Enjoy the Sunset at Kokan kada.
20:30 – Dinner at the Lord Shiva Temple on the Fort.
21:30 – Retire for the Day
Day 2 – Sunday 9th June 2013
05:30 – Wake up Call
06:00 – Will Visit Taramati Shikhar in the morning and then we will visit the Kokankada again.
09:00 – Breakfast and then Leave for Pachnai.
Lunch on the way to Pune.
Things to Remember:
The Plan has been mentioned as per the ideal scenarios. It may vary as per the real time Conditions.
Cost of the trek would be INR 1400/- Pune to Pune
(Minimum Participants – 10)
For registration kindly transfer the fees in the following A/c
Name: Vinayak V. Belose
Account No.: 5065606706
The above mentioned cost includes –
• Pune to Pune transport by Private Vehicle.
• Toll and other Charges.
• 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch and 1 Dinner
• Expertise and Guide Charges.
The Cost Does not include –
• Anything which is not mentioned under ‘Cost Include’ section
For the registration for this event, Contact:
Vinayak Belose – 9850887432
Rahul Bulbule – 9762458473
Prachi Shinde – 9623886282
Note: Registrations can only be done through Phone Calls.
Checklist for the Trek –
• Identity Proof (in Case of any Emergency)
• A Haversack / rucksack to carry things on Trek. (not the Zolas or one-side sling Bags)
• Water (at least 2-3 ltr) COMPULSARY.
• Rainwear Clothes
• Bedding equipment (Sleeping Bag, Shawl etc.)
• Trekking Shoes (Shoes with Good Grip)
• A Working Torch with Extra set of Batteries (As it’s a night Trek)
• Camera to Click around (who misses that?)
• Any Personal Medicines (If your Doctors have told you so…)
Rules & Regulations: (Not just to read, but to follow)
We, Sahyavede, believe in being a part of the Nature to enjoy it and to preserve it the way it is for the Generations to follow.
On the Way Back home, we only leave the Footprints and Carry a lot of Memories and Madness for Sahyadri.