trek Date -Sunday,July 1st,2012
Tikona Fort also known as Vitangad is one of the easier forts to climb and would be a good introductory, yet interesting trek for all age groups. . It is located near Kamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest the fort is called Tikona-Peth or Tokono-Peth. The 3500 ft high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means “triangle”.
The fort is a trekking destination noted for the large doors, the temple of ‘Trimbakeshwar Mahadev’, a water tank and some Satvahan caves. Trek organizers also commend the views of Pawna dam and the nearby forts of Tung, Lohagad and Visapur. There is a lake at the summit.
• Reporting at Fergusson College gate at 6:00am.Depart by bus by 6:30am
• Arrive around 8:30am at the base of the fort. Have breakfast enroute. Climb the fort. Games and activities, lunch at the top.
• Reach the base around 5:00pm. Evening snacks and then proceed for Pune.Reach Pune around 8:00pm
Cost is Rs 650 /- per person
Travel by Non Ac Bus
Breakfast and evening snacks
Games and activities
Basic Medical Aid
Minimum 2 Outdoor Experts
Cost does not include:
Lunch and meals during travel
Personal expenses such as mineral water, telephone, drinks, laundry, etc
Medical ,hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses
Insurance of any kind
Any item not covered under the head ‘The cost includes’
Things to Carry:
• Wear comfortable clothes like T shirt and track pants.
• Good sports shoes
• Participants must bring their lunch
• Water bottle
• Personal Medicines if any
• Cap and bring your stuff in a small medium sack
For more info and booking seats contact –
Yashodhara Shah -9823414591
Aditya Patil – 9545912938