- This event has passed.
High Altitude Trekking Program – Goecha La
May 11 @ 5:00 pm - May 22 @ 8:00 pm
Trek to Goecha La is one of the challenging treks in Sikkim. The trek passes through Kanchenjunga national park. The trek is challenging in terms of altitude and distances covered in a day. Goecha La also serves as east base camp of Kanchenjunga . One can see about 12 peaks from Kanchenjunga, Talung, Rathong, Kabru North, Koktang, Simvo, Kabru South, Kabru Dome, Kabru Forked, Pandim, Tenchenkhang, Jupono.
The trek needs roughly 10 to 12 days and passes through high altitude settlements like Dzongri, Thansing ,Samiti lake. It is one of the most popular trek in Sikkim .The forests of rhododendrons. A company throughout the trek. High endurance level is required for this trek. The trek starts of Yuksom and passes through KNP, KNP is one of the greenest regions in the world, the eco system is untouched by external influences. The flora and fauna are very unusual.
11 May 2018 at Kolkata
22 May 2018 at Kolkata
Odyssey Type: Himalayan High Altitude Trek
Region & State: Kanchenjunga National Park – Sikkim
Maximum Altitude: 4940 mtrs
Age Group: Age 18 Onwards
Duration of Trek: 11 Nights 12 Days
Batch Size: 10 Trekkers
Day 1: Reporting at Kolkata transfer to New Jalpaiguri by Overnight Train
Day 2: Drive from NJP – Yuksom (5,800 ft) (6 hrs)
Day 3: Trek from Yuksom (5,800 ft) – Sachen (7,200 ft) (5 hrs)
Day 4: Trek from Sachen (7,200 ft) – Tshoka (9,650 ft) via Bakhim (8,600 ft) (4 hrs)
Day 5: Trek from Tshoka (9,650 ft) – Dzongri (12,980 ft) via Phedang (12,050 ft) (5-6 hrs)
Day 6: Trek from Dzongri (12,980 ft) – Dzongri Top (13,675 ft) (1 hrs) and back to Dzongri and then to Thansing (12,930 ft) via Kokchurang (12,100 ft) (5-6 hrs)
Day 7: Trek from Thansing (12,930 ft) – Lamuney (13,700 ft) (2 hrs)
Day 8: Trek from Lamuney (13,700 ft) – Goechala (16,207 ft) and back to Kokchurang (12,100 ft) (10-12 hrs)
Day 9: Trek from Kokchurang (12,100 ft) – Tshoka (9,650 ft) via Phedang (12,050 ft) (6-7 hrs).
Day 10: Trek from Tshoka (9,650 ft) – Yuksom (5,800 ft) via Bakhim (8,600 ft) and Sachen (7,200 ft) (6 hrs)
Day 11: Drive back to NJP and further overnight transfer to Kolkata
Day 12: Arrival Kolkata & Journey concludes
1) Zenith Odysseys reserves the right to admission to this trek.
2) Certain fitness level is required, please discuss it with us before booking.
3) We will not be liable for claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries delayed or cancelled flights and acts or forces of nature.
Step 1: Contact Call us on +91 9764384221 or +91 9028163088 for seat availability.
Step 2: Payment You have for options to pay us: (a) Online Transfer, (b) UPI, (c) PayTM, (d) Cheque.
Step 3: Fill the Enorllment Form Once transaction is complete, please fill the Enrollment form
Step 4: Confirmation You will receive communication (Email/ Text/ WhatsAPP) from us regarding your booking details and additional information regarding the trip.
Bank Name : HDFC Bank
Branch : Hingne Khurd
IFSC / RTGS : HDFC0000825
A/C Name : Zenith Odysseys
A/C Type : Current Account
A/c Number : 50200005722253
UPI Address: ZenithOdysseys@HDFCBank
Cheque: can be drawn in favor of Zenith Odysseys ** Participation to activity is subject to realization of cheque.
1) Track Pants 4
2) Full Sleeved T Shirts 4
3) Inner wear
5) Thermals (do carry bottoms too, the uppers should be full sleeved)
6) Towel 1, Hand Towels 2 or 3
7) Shoes 1 pair
8) Slippers 1 pair
9) Woolen Gloves 3 or 4 pairs
10) Scarf / Woolen cap
3) Tooth Brush & Paste
5) Lip Balm
6) Hair Oil
7) Shampoo & Conditioner
8) Candid Powder
9) Wet Wipes & Tissue Paper
1) Water Bottles
2) Personal medicines if any
3) Foods like laddu,
chocolates or Chiiki, Khakra etc.
4) Identity Proof
Rs. 23,999 Ex. Kolkata
1) Kolkata to NJP to Kolkata train travel in 3AC
2) NJP to Yuksom to NJP Shared taxi travel
3) 2 Nights stay at Yuksom,
4) 3 full meals – Breakfast, lunch & dinner on all days starting Day 2 and breakfast on Day 12.
5) All necessary fees and permits for Indian residents are included.
6) Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
7) Basic First Aid Medical Kit.
1) Any expenses of personal nature.
2) All fees and permit for Non Indian Residence are excluded
3) Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
4) Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
5) Cost Escalation due to “Force Majeure” and evacuation charges.
6) Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
7) Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Fee Includes
8) Insurance of any type.
1) Visit to east base camp of Kanchenjunga
2) Flora & Fauna of Kanchenjunga National Park
3) One of the most challenging treks of East Himalayas.
4) Trails passing through blooming rhododendron forests
5) Splendid views of Kanchenjunga Range