- This event has passed.
Velas Turtle Festival – Mumbai Pune Adventures
March 9 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Batch 01 : 10th-11th Mar 2018 – Leaving Friday Night
Batch 02 : 17th-18th Mar 2018 – Leaving Friday Night
Batch 03 : 24th-25th Mar 2018 – Leaving Friday Night
Batch 04 : 29th-30th Mar 2018 – Leaving Thursday Night
Batch 05 : 30th-31st Mar 2018 – Leaving Thursday Night
Batch 06 : 31st Mar-01st Apr 2018 – Leaving Friday Night
Batch 07 : 07th-08th Apr 2018 – Leaving Friday Night
Batch 08 : 14th-15th Apr 2018 – Leaving Friday Night
Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Low
Type: Sea-Beach Tour
Location: Velas, Ratnagiri
Total time required to reach Village : 6 to 7 hrs
Duration: 2 Days
Velas is a coastal village which falls in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. Velas has been attracting nature lovers and travellers more for its Velas turtle festival, Maharashtra than anything else. Hundreds of Olive Ridley Turtles, one of the most treasured species of marine turtles, come ashore at Velas beach for breeding and lay hundreds of eggs. Velas accounts for 40% of sea turtles nests along Maharashtra’s coast. Besides Velas beach, here are several other tourist attractions at Velas including the Bankot Fort and the Harihareshwar Temple. Velas has been attracting nature lovers and travellers more for its Velas turtle festival, Maharashtra than anything else. Hundreds of Olive Ridley Turtles, one of the most treasured species of marine turtles, come ashore at Velas beach for breeding and lay hundreds of eggs. Velas welcomes thousands of travellers visit the Velas beach in order to witness baby turtles, when the Velas turtle festival dates are announced
● A typical village life on a calm sea beach
● A refreshing surrounding
● Baby Olive Ridley turtles
● Bankot Fort
● Harihareshwar Temple
We’ll be boarding non-A/C bus from our nearest pick-up point. Bus timings are shared below for convenience:
10:00 pm Dadar
10:15 pm Chembur
10:35 pm Vashi
11:00 pm Kolamboli Mc D, near Panvel
Meeting Point : Dadar Pritam Hotel 10:00 pm
10:00 pm Depart for Velas in a non-A/C bus (We will manage pick-ups from pre-decided locations depending upon the participants)
05:45 am Arrive in Velas and head to the beach to see the hatching and release of the turtles.
08:00 am Return back to the village, breakfast and time for leisure.
11:00 am Visit the strategically built Himmatgad Fort which overlooks the sea and the Bankot creek.
01:00 pm Lunch time
03:00 pm Explore the areas around Velas.
06:00 pm Velas Beach for the release of turtles. Fun at the beach.
07:30 pm Documentary on Olive Ridley Turtle.
08:30 pm Dinner. Overnight stay in Velas, fun, games and some rest for sure.
06:00 am Turtle release on Velas Beach
08:30 am Breakfast followed by some leisure time to explore the village
10:00 am Head to Shrivardhan via the Bankot-Bagmandla Ferry boat.
02:00 pm Lunch at Shrivardhan. And continue our journey towards Mumbai.
08:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon.
Event Fee: Rs.2400/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Local travel from Mumbai to Mumbai
● Accommodation – Homestay
● Unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner at base village (pure veg)
● Ferryboat Charges
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● Good shoes, Sandal
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries:
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: